This figure was painted using many of my standard techniques.
It started with a grey spray primer applied as thinly as I could.
Next, I used a wash to get dark brown or possibly black into the crevices.
For the armor, I use a dry brush technique to get just enough metalic silver onto the chain armor on the figure without clogging the crevices.
I then used medium-dark brown washes on the leggings/boots, gloves, cloak trim, and beard. Followed by lighter brown paint applied thinly.
The pants and inside of the cloak were done by first applying a light wash, then adding a darker wash.
The face was done with some skin tone (elf most likely) applied thinly. The eyes were brushed in with white, then dotted with a micro thin color pen.
THe outside of the cloak was done with a flat coat of white, followed by light grey in the two large folds, with a light wash of white to blend the grey into the white.
The sword was done completel in dry brush. To make the edges of the blade crisper, I carefully wiped off the paint with a q-tip.
The plume was painted in black, then washed in red, and finally dry brushed in red on the high points.